Laparoscopic techniques are often utilized for performing urological surgical procedures. As the technology has been evolving, so are the techniques. Therefore it is an important part of Armamentarium for any urologist.
Laparoscopic techniques have been used for the operations for
- Removal of kidney for tumours or other diseases (Laparoscopic Nephrectomy/ Radical Nephroureterectomy)
- Removal of Prostate for cancer (Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy)
- Reconstruction of PUJ Obstruction (Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty)
- Re implantation of ureter (Laparoscopic Ureteroneo Cystostomy)
- Removal of cancer of bladder ( Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy)